Last update: 08/23/21
A curated list of links, courtesy of the Yesterweb
Site Building Resources
- https://www.internetingishard.com/ - Web development tutorials for complete beginners.
- http://webkit-scroll-gen.sourceforge.net - Webkit scrollbar design tool
- https://jdan.github.io/98.css/ - Windows 98 UI made with CSS
- https://botoxparty.github.io/XP.css/ - Windows XP UI made with CSS
- https://khang-nd.github.io/7.css/ - Windows 7 UI made with CSS
- http://themekings.net - Old School HTML and CSS Website Designs
- https://grid.layoutit.com - A visual interactive tool to create layouts with CSS Grid
- https://github.com/cfenollosa/bashblog - Highly customizable blogging tool for Neocities (supporter req)
- http://odie.us - Create a website from a public Google Doc
- https://webmaker.app - An open-source playground for coding (online & offline available)
- https://int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/ - Old-school PC font pack
- https://edri.org/our-work/ethical-web-dev-2/ - A guide for ethical web development
- https://tiddlywiki.com - A wiki that you can add to your site.
- http://patorjk.com/blog/software/ - A list of web apps to help you create cool effects
- https://www.goatcounter.com/ - A free, non-commercial open-source analytics tool to add to your site.
- https://jameso2.neocities.org/tools/neocities-profile-Bookmarklet.html - A bookmarklet to easily hop to anyone's Neocities profile (if they don't use a custom URL).
Site Building Platforms
- https://neocities.org/ - A free website host, HTML & CSS knowledge required.
- https://itty.bitty.site/ - Small sites contained entirely within their own link.
- https://build.mmm.page/ - Drag & drop page builder
- https://hotglue.me/ - Drag & drop page builder
- http://txti.es/ - Make a fast simple webpage (non-HTTPS).
- https://glitch.com/ - Unlimited free static site hosting.
- https://pages.github.com/ - Create static sites from github repos.
- https://waifu2x.me/ - Anime image resizer
- http://textspace.net/blinkie_text/ - A blinkie creator
- https://www.makewordart.com - Make Word Art
- https://en.picmix.com - A good alternative to Blingee.com
- https://trianglify.io - Low-poly pattern generator
- http://www.mazeguy.net/smilies.html - A collection of old smileys
- http://www.afullcup.com/blinkiemaker - Another blinkie maker
- http://www.ribbon-o-matic.com/matic/ribbon-o-matic.html - Create your own 'awareness' ribbons
- http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/faviconeditor/ - In-browser favicon creator/editor
- http://www.internetbumperstickers.com - A collection of internet bumper stickers
- https://tamanotchi.world - Virtual pets you can share on your website
- https://www.transparenttextures.com - A collection of transparent textures
- https://www.richardwestenra.com/repeater/ - A tool for all of your tiled background cropping needs
- https://web.badges.world - A collection of web badges
- https://flamingtext.com - Another word art generator
- https://cooltext.com - Another word art generator
- https://github.com/ArchiveBox/ArchiveBox - Open source self-hosted web archiving
- https://github.com/johanneszab/TumblThree - A tool for downloading images from Tumblr in bulk
- https://openings.moe - Database of anime openings.
- https://www.vidlii.com - An old-school YouTube clone.
- https://pixelcanvas.io - Place color pixels on an infinite canvas with other players online
- https://winampify.io - Connect a browser-based Winamp player with Spotify integration
- https://skins.webamp.org - A directory of free, downloadable winamp skins
- https://www.my90stv.com/ - This site plays '90s commercials, trailers, movies and TV shows.
- https://tannerv.com/ipod/ - iPod simulator with Spotify integration
- https://excalidraw.com/ - A whiteboard tool that lets you sketch diagrams that have a hand-drawn feel to them
- https://www.pixelartcss.com/ - A tool to create pixel art and then convert it to CSS.
- https://escargot.chat - A server bringing back MSN Messenger
- https://megamanmaker.com - Software to create your own Mega Man levels
- http://www.oldversion.com - Locate old versions of software
- http://iwarg.ddns.net/phoenix/index.php - A server bringing back AOL Instant Messenger
- https://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/ - Software to tag and organize downloaded images
- https://multiverse.plus/ - A very customizable social platform for creating microcomics with text and graphics
- https://www.paperdemon.com/ - An alternative to deviantART to share & discover art
- https://bearblog.dev/ - A minimalist blogging platform
- https://garlic.garden/onionring/ - A webring maker
- https://www.forem.com/ - Empowering community by fostering thoughtful connection
Alternate Social Networks
- https://spacehey.com/ - A social network based on the original Myspace
- https://neocities.org/ - A social network based on creating personal websites
- https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/ - Wealth inequality shown to scale
- https://www.succeedsocially.com/ - Guides for social interaction
Note-taking and Organization
- https://obsidian.md/ - A tool for taking and organizing notes (local only, but works with Google Drive)
- https://kool.tools/domino/#0,0 - A tool for mapping thoughts
- https://www.notion.so/ - A browser-based tool for notetaking
- https://kinopio.club/ - A browser-based flowchart creation tool
- https://internet-map.net - A visual map of the internet
- https://justdeleteme.xyz - A directory of direct links to delete your account from web services
- https://typohound.com - Search eBay by mispelled listings
- https://websafety.carrd.co/ - Information about internet privacy
- https://searchmysite.net/ - Open source search engine and search for personal and independent websites
- https://vhs.neocities.org/ - Search Neocities using VHSearch
- http://teclis.com/ - An independent search engine for high-quality, non-commercial content on the web
- https://wiby.me/ - A search engine for the classic web
- https://boardreader.com/ - A search engine for message boards and forums
- https://gigablast.com/ - A Cryptographically-Protected Private Search Engine
- https://www.webcrawler.com/ - The oldest surviving search engine on the web today.
- http://alienmelon.com - A vast online space of net-art, experimental games, and strange desktop apps
- http://cyberspaceandtime.com - A nostalgic operating system themed site
- https://aidn.jp/mikutap/ - Press keys to make notes in time with the music
- https://winxp.vercel.app - A Windows XP clone for your browser
- https://0x40.mon.im - Upbeat music plays in time with colorized anime pictures
- https://ytmnd.com - Pages featuring a single image, along with large zooming text and a looping sound file
- https://www.wyngro.com/ - A Neopets inspired game
- https://poolsuite.net/ - A 90s web radio station with a fantastic aesthetic
- https://vole.wtf/ - Because the internet is stupid